Start Teaching in Vietnam
Relocation service for EFL teachers to Hanoi or Saigon
Book a full-service package by Teacher’s Friend Vietnam including pre-departure assistance, job placement, finding accommodation, all visas and work permits, a city tour, a language exchange, many more services and unlimited assistance from start to finish. We make moving to Vietnam for EFL teachers simple and stress-free!
Your head start to live and teach in Vietnam
If you want to move to Vietnam and teach English in Hanoi or Saigon (Ho Chi Minh City), you can take a head start with our relocation service for EFL teachers. Look, what’s in for you:
We will get you interviews in the best, highest quality schools and language centers in Vietnam. These centers all provide excellent facilities and are all extremely professional. They all provide paid holiday, work permits, medical insurance, end of year completion bonuses and much more.
We – Teacher’s Friend Vietnam – are a small, friendly start-up which offers outstanding support beyond your expectations. We will make sure you arrive fully pre-prepared and ready to go! Contact us at any time during your stay in Vietnam. We will get back to you within a day and help you out of any situation.
Apply now for the Vietnam relocation service
Move to Vietnam and start teaching English there, simple and stress-free. Submit your application today to reserve your place in our relocation program.
Come to Vietnam and teach English!
Vietnam undoubtedly is a jewel, with its lush rice paddies, deserted beaches, winding mountain roads and beautiful island getaways. There are amazing opportunities for saving and it offers an incredible work-life balance due to the high wages and low living costs. With a full-time job, which usually means 10-20 hours (!) a week, you will make around $1,200! Most likely you’ll teach kids aged 3-10 years, so don’t worry about teaching complex grammar structures.
Vietnam is a hub of both expat activity and locals alike, you get the best of both worlds. Each year, thousands of ESL teachers are moving to Vietnam. Everyone is there for the same reason – to make a difference in the lives of others while exploring this beautiful country.
Challenges for first-timers coming to Vietnam
One of the biggest stresses of moving to Vietnam to teach English is making sure you have all of the correct paperwork for your work permit (required for working legally), plus your work visa and all copies of your original documents, police check, medical certificate etc. On top of that you need to think about flights, vaccinations, packing, getting a job, finding accommodation meeting people, etc. It can all be a little bit daunting at first.
Then there’s the culture shock – horns and scooters and scams and tricks galore, it’s a bit of a minefield out there! You hear stories of teachers not being paid, being refused entry into the country, being heavily overcharged and having their possessions stolen. While these things are usually avoidable (with the right know-how) they do happen and can ruin your whole experience. Some of the things you might find difficult about relocating to Vietnam are:
- Where can I find reliable sources of information?
- How do I obtain the visa and work permit?
- Which documents are needed and what is needed for certifying, legalizing etc.?
- How do I avoid getting scammed by dodgy language centers?
- Which type of travel insurance is best?
- Which vaccinations are required?
- What do I do at the airport?
- How do I find suitable housing?
- How do I get around?
- Where is the best place to meet people?
- Is it easy to learn Vietnamese?
- How do I know who to trust?
- Where can I buy or rent a motorbike?
- How can I avoid scams/petty theft/dangerous situations?
What you get: Relocation package details
We find out which positions would best suit you and your preferences and apply on your behalf for jobs in language centers, schools, and private classes in Hanoi or Ho Chi Minh City. Just sit back and wait for the interviews to come rolling in. We guarantee job placement in the center of your choice!
Do you fancy an own apartment in a quiet back street alley or a shared flat in central downtown? We will talk to real estate agents and shortlist quality properties to rent based on your preferences and our knowledge of local neighborhoods. We’ll also help you find flatmates if you want them.
Proudly cruise around on your new two wheels and go wherever you want. We introduce you to a reliable, English speaking motorbike salesman and mechanic. You can buy or rent a motorbike there, with a special discount and free repairs. You can also take free lessons to learn how to ride.
Learning the language will make your life a lot easier and help you to build relationships. The package includes discounted Vietnamese classes and a language exchange with a friendly local. To ensure you have lots to talk about, we will match your interests with those of your counterpart.
Being prepared is one of the keys to
Schedule a call with us to learn more
Price and conditions
How can I purchase a package and begin the process?
We are proud to offer a 100% honest and professional service. We want you to be absolutely sure about that, too, before you sign a contract and pay any money. In the following, we explain to you transparently and in detail how our relocation package works for ESL teachers moving to Vietnam:
- Let us know you’re keen!
- Come and have a face to face chat – meet your ‘teacher’s friend’!
- Sign the contract, pay 50% of the package price via Paypal to reserve your place.
- Get sent loads of awesome and exclusive pre-departure info.
- Ask all of your questions – no question is a silly question!
- Make a CV that will stand out from the crowd.
- Get the interviews, choose your favorite language center and get offered the job of a lifetime, before you arrive!
- Pre-departure Skype to banish the pre-travel jitters.
- Check out the city and get friendly with the locals, get some wheels!
- Ongoing help and support throughout your time in Vietnam.
Some questions about our service
1. What requirements do I need to meet to book the relocation package?
You will need to meet the following requirements to get hired legally by the language centers and to get a work visa and permit. As I offer guaranteed job placement, I have to stick to these requirements, too.
- You are a native speaker or speak native-level English with native English accent.
- You have any degree.
- You have a TEFL certificate, which was not completed online and is a minimum of 120 hours with 6 hours of observed teaching practice with real ESL students. (You can take a TEFL class in Vietnam with our partner center, too.)
2. I’ve been warned never to pay to get a teaching job?
Yes, you should not pay for a company to find you a teaching job because a legit recruitment agency earns commission fees from the schools or language centers they place teachers at, so any service can be provided to the teacher for free. However, we are not a recruitment agency. We do not receive any money from the school, nor do we take a cut of your salary. We are an organization which helps teachers moving to Vietnam and offer you the above-mentioned range of services. You do not pay us for getting a particular job, but for an entire relocation package.
3. How do I know this isn’t a scam?
We do not ask you to sign or pay anything before our 30-minutes Skype call with you. During the call, we will answer any question and show any required proof that Teacher’s Friend Vietnam, who delivers this service, is a legit company and keeps it’s promises. We can put you in contact with former clients who are delighted with the excellent service they have received. On Go Overseas, an internationally renowned website, we have a 94% overall rating from 17 customer reviews. We only use Paypal for every transaction and pay all fees, so your payments are safe and traceable.