Pitch your story to JIMMYESL and get featured!
Please read the following comprehensive guidelines before contacting us!
What You Get
You’ll get one plain URL link to your website from the author bio box.
Absolutely no keyword-optimized link texts and no paid links in the copy – don’t ask.
We will create a sharable featured image and a Pinterest image for your guest post.
Your post will reach roughly 20,000 monthly website visitors.
We will regularly share your post with our Facebook group and in other public Facebook groups, on our Pinterest boards and with our email subscriber list: an overall audience of more than 100,000 ESL teachers.
What We Expect
Audience and Topics
The audience of JIMMYESL are aspiring and expert ESL teachers and all contents must cater to them.
We are looking for guest posts with advice, tips, and strategies for teaching ESL – one-to-one or group lessons, in a physical classroom or online.
Please read a few of the articles in our ESL resources section to learn what kind of topics and advice our audience likes to read.
We don’t want posts with obvious advice and generic tips you can google within seconds.
Writing Guidelines for Guest Posts
- Write a unique post with a minimum of 1,000 words.
- Write a short and sweet intro with 5-7 sentences maximum, to get the readers’ attention and tell them what’s in for them.
- Use a lot of meaningful subheadings.
- Add a paragraph break after every 1-3 sentences of text.
- End the post with a conclusion or take-away.
- Go in-depth and provide practical advice. Don’t write about commonplaces. (Captain Obvious sends his regards!)
- Include research data, infoboxes with tips or background info, examples, charts, screenshots or other items into the post to add more value. (Respect the copyright!)
- Link to 2-3 other posts of JIMMYESL from your guest post to show you care.
Do us all a favor and double-check whether your post meets these guidelines before turning it in.
Include the word ”cucumber” into your guest post pitch so we know that you’ve read the full guidelines.
Pitch Your Guest Post
Send us a message via the contact form below, including the following information:
- Your short bio
- Pitch 2-3 guest post headlines and exactly explain how our readers would benefit from each of those posts.
- 2-3 links to the best of your already published articles
- Links to the social profiles where you will share the guest post
It may take some time until we have reviewed your pitch and get back to you. Please do not resubmit the same pitch.
The Legal Stuff
On submitting the final guest post, you assign to us the unlimited and unrestricted rights to use and edit the guest post and all included deliverables, and you warrant that the guest post and included deliverables do not infringe upon any third party’s rights.