Pearson Education Group
ESL Jobs in Shanghai
We are currently holding interviews for English language teachers to join our academic team in the vibrant city of Shanghai. If you are looking to teach in a modern, professional school and have the energy and creativity to inspire our young learner students, then we would like to speak with you.
Our schools are owned by the Pearson Education Group, the largest education and publishing company in the world, educating 100 million people with a presence in 110 countries. We aim to be the most respected and effective English language training provider in China, helping students to improve the quality of their English by delivering internationally recognized content through professionally trained teachers.
Our school is equipped with modern facilities and up to date technology as well as a variety of course materials popular with both teachers and students. Our courses are divided into three groups. Talk to Beeno, Phonics for Kids, and Picture Dictionary for preschool students, Big English for kids aged 6-12, and New Opportunities for teenagers. For all levels and textbooks we provide systematic training, materials, and software for use in your classes. Every step of a young learner’s journey in our schools has been thoughtfully planned for and no matter what the age or level, both teachers and students will have an experience that matches their needs and expectations.
We currently have 21 campuses all across Shanghai, and are in the process of opening more schools. As a teacher you will be assigned to a single location, teaching mainly young learners aged 3 to 15 years old. Each student is placement tested on entering the school which means students studying together have the same level of English. Class sizes are kept small to ensure real progress is made.
Our schools in Shanghai provide a challenging and supportive English Language learning environment that draws students and faculty together with a nurturing spirit in the pursuit of knowledge. We want our teachers to be the most effective and professional they can be to ensure our students come away with the best English language instruction possible. With this goal in mind we have developed an up to the minute new teacher training program that covers topics ranging from early childhood development to effective strategies for teaching complicated grammar topics to older students.
Teach English in Shanghai
Known as the ‘Pearl of the Orient’, Shanghai is truly an international metropolis in every sense of the word. The most vibrant and progressive city in China, Shanghai is the economic and cultural center, blending an incredible mix of Eastern and Western culture. On one side of the mighty Yangtze River flowing through Shanghai is the Pu Dong district, rural farm land just 20 years ago, it is now the financial and commercial hub with skyscrapers stretching ever higher. Along the western bank of the river, the iconic Bund is a reminder of Shanghai’s colonial past featuring grand European architecture.
For those who like to shop, party and eat, Shanghai has all you could possibly want and more. But despite its cosmopolitan reputation, pockets of quaint tradition remain alive and well, dotted throughout the city. Explore countless old markets, back streets crammed with local eateries and discover incense filled temples still central to the locals’ daily life.
• 24 teaching hours teaching per week (bonus payments for any hours taught over 16 per week)
• Maximum 10 office hours per week
• Lesson planning
• Use audio / video materials in classes
• Cooperate with the CM and DOS in ensuring the constructive communication and efficient operation of the centre
• Assist in the placement testing and interviewing of new students
• Carry out teaching related responsibilities including, but not limited to demonstration classes, conversation clubs, tutorials, seminars and presentations
• Attend centre social events
• Excellent salary: 15,000 – 23,000 RMB per month (depending on teaching hours per week – bonus pay for any hours taught over 16 hours per week)
• One-way flight to Shanghai reimbursement provided after 2 months
• 10,000 RMB accommodation assistance loan (overseas applicants only)
• Assistance on finding suitable accommodation
• Legal ‘Z’ work visa provided
• 12 days public holidays plus 10 days paid holidays
• Overtime pay at 250 RMB per hour
• 2 weeks of paid hotel provided on arrival
• Health insurance provided
• Contract completion bonus: 5,000 RMB
• 2 weeks of comprehensive initial training on arrival
• On-going training and academic support
• 12 month contract (2 months of probation)
• Promotion opportunities within the Longman Schools network
• Bachelor’s degree
• TEFL certificate (No TEFL? – We can refer you to a TEFL course.)
• Native English speaker from UK, USA, Canada, Australia, New Zealand or South Africa
• Teaching experience preferred, but we can consider new teachers
• Plenty of passion and energy
There are no costs whatsoever for the entire recruitment process.
We are looking forward to hearing from you.