Gold Star TEFL Recruitment & JimmyESL
Your Trustworthy Placement Service
We are looking for inspiring and motivated English teachers (ESL) with a creative flair and a thirst for adventure. Our schools are amongst the very best in China, with high academic standards and a fun learning environment. This is an excellent opportunity for anyone who wants to work with a friendly teaching team where your creativity will be valued and your teaching will really make a difference in your students’ lives.
- Position: Full-time English language teacher
- Students: Positions available teaching all ages
- Locations: Shanghai, Beijing and 28 other major cities across China
- Interviewing: Now
- Start date: Year-round
You can submit your application here.
There are no fees whatsoever for the entire recruitment process!
Right now we have openings with the leading schools in China, from kindergartens to primary, middle and high schools, universities and private language centers including Wall Street English, English First and many more. We provide detailed job descriptions, city guides, and other helpful resources.
All the schools provide exceptional teaching materials, the latest educational technology with interactive whiteboards and have friendly teaching teams, supportive management, and offer a generous compensation package. In short, they are fantastic schools to work for and are waiting to speak to you now.
All schools have been screened in depth by us and offer a professional work environment and legal work visas. We have been working with most of the schools for many years now and can put you in touch with current teachers.
We have positions teaching kindergarten kids, young learners aged 7 to 12, teenagers, university students or adult students. Whatever your preference for the age group is, we have suitable options for you to consider. We also have positions at schools that teach all ages groups, which is a good way to build a greater variety of teaching experiences.
With private school positions, class sizes are kept small to an average of 8-12 students which allows for noticeable progress to be made and also makes classroom management that much easier. For public school jobs, class sizes are typically larger with between 20 to 30 students per class, although you will have a Chinese teaching assistant to help with giving instructions and running activities.
Right now interviews are being held for teaching positions in over major 30 cities across China. Teach along the vibrant east coast in Shanghai, Beijing, Tianjin, Hangzhou, Suzhou and Shenzhen for example or head west to Chongqing or even up north to the Inner Mongolian cities of Baotou or Hohhot. The choice is yours, we will send you detailed job descriptions, city information, and compensation packages once we receive your application.
- Maximum of 24 hours of teaching per week
- Lesson planning
- Assist in the placement testing and interviewing of new students
- Carry out teaching related responsibilities including, but not limited to demonstration classes and conversation clubs
- Attend center social events
- Excellent salary: 9,000 – 24,000 RMB (1,400 – 3,500 USD) depending on qualifications, experience and school location
- Free accommodation: Western style, near the school
- Flight allowance provided
- Legal ‘Z’ work visa provided
- 12 days public holidays plus 10 days extra holidays
- Airport pick-up and full induction program
- Health insurance provided
- Free Mandarin Chinese lessons
- Staff trips and events
- On-going training and academic support
- Promotion opportunities
- Bachelor’s degree
- TEFL certificate preferred
- Native English speaker from UK, USA, Canada, Australia, New Zealand or South Africa
- Teaching experience preferred
- Plenty of passion and energy
How to apply
Please fill out and submit the application form on this page, and attach your resume and a cover letter.
You can submit the following documents later in the recruitment process:
Recent, smart photo
Passport photo page (scan)
Degree & TEFL certificates (scan)
We are looking forward to hearing from you!
To apply for this job please visit jimmyesl.com.